Pulmonology is the branch of internal medicine dealing with diagnosis and treatment of patients with breathing problems and diseases of the lungs. Pulmonologists diagnose and treat the following conditions: asthma, pulmonary hypertension, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, viral and bacterial infections of the lower part of the respiratory system, to name a few.
Diseases of the lungs and respiratory tract
Always up to date
The team at our hospital is in constant contact with national and international experts in pulmonary medicine in order to exchange experiences and information in order to apply new knowledge in our practice.
With a standard chest radiograph, primarily of the lungs and heart, we can diagnose: pathological conditions and diseases of the lungs, heart and blood vessels.
When is the right time to examine your lungs?
Immediately, when there are the following symptoms:
– Fever, or decreased body temperature
– Annually as a form of disease prevention
The most common lung diseases
– Lung carcinoma (cancer)
– Pulmonary tuberculosis
Functional diagnostics of lungs
– Spirometry – a spirometer is a device that is used in the diagnosis of respiratory diseases such as chronic bronchitis, asthma, emphysema, obstructive pulmonary disease or conditions after cured obstructive pulmonary disease, or surgery of the lungs. This method measures lung capacity, the amount of air in the lungs and a number of other lung functions are tested. This new device detects lung disease in patients, and is simple to use and painless.
– Inhalation – liquid medicinal preparations through steam introduced into the airways.
– Allergy testing, sensitivity to inhalable allergens